5678 Productions staff responsibilities:
- Disinfect and wipe high-traffic touch points such as barres and equipment between each class as well as spray the studio with approved solution. The studio is also fogged daily.
- Allocate students specific spaces on the barre or on the floor, pieces of equipment for the duration of their lesson
- Enforce social distancing of 2m between students and teachers at all times
- Time will be allocated to allow for cleaning and reduce foot traffic in the venue in the transition between classes.
- Provide hand sanitizer upon entry and exit from the venue as well as in the bathroom.
- Maintain the use of a student register to track attendance at the venue each day.
Parents and guardians’ responsibilities:
- Inform 5678 Productions Dance Studio immediately if your dancer or anyone in their family has come into contact with anyone tested positive for COVID-19
- Inform 5678 Productions Dance Studio if you are uncomfortable attending classes for any reason
- Any persons entering the premises who are not 5678 Productions Staff or students must record their name and contact number on the sign in sheet located at the entry.
- Strictly only drop off and pick up of students allowed at the studio gate to reduce number of people entering the venue. No parents or visitors allowed on the premises unless special permission has been granted. We urge parents to wait a few minutes to make sure that the dancers have successfully been screened and are safely in the studio
- We ask that parents and dancers please be vigilant and on time for drop off and pick up.
- No curb side gatherings or gatherings in the garden will be allowed without a mask.
5678 Productions Dancers responsibilities:
- All dancers to wear a mask. No mask-no entry. Disposable masks will be available for emergencies at R10 per mask
- Adhere to strict social distancing rules and specified use of barres/equipment
- Use provided hand sanitizer upon entry and exit from the venue
- Bring their own labelled drink bottle, mask and bag to put all into while dancing
- Do not attend the venue if your dancer, anyone in their family is showing any signs of illness.
- Dancers to line up outside studio entrance by standing 1.5m apart and await their turn to be screened by their teacher
- The bathroom outside the dance studio may be used under supervision. Dancers must sanitize before and after using the bathroom and sanitize the seat after use with provided sanitizer. Towels have been replaced with paper towel to wipe seat and dry hands with. These must be disposed of in the bin provided.
- We will have a maximum of 6 dancers in class, the rest will be on zoom.
- There will be spaces for the shoes, dance bags and water bottles. These areas will be sanitized between lessons.
- Each dancer to go to their marked are of 2m by 2m.We suggest a bag to put socks or dance shoes into after class that can be kept separate and washed or wiped down when home. There will be no sharing of equipment and the ballet barre will be used with social distancing and sanitized after use, as well as any props used.
- No contact work or partner work unless dancers are from the same home.
- No eating or drinking during dancing other than water. Time for this will be allocated and they can go outside to sip and remove their mask.
Feeling ill during class:
- Should a dancer not feel well on the day, we urge parents to please be respectful and cautious by not sending them to the studio. Transparency is vital for the success of our safe return to studio.
- Dancers will be scanned and if their temperature is found to be 38 degrees or higher, they will be asked to sit in an isolated area located outside the studio, wait for a few minutes and checked again. Should their temperature still be high, we will contact the parent or guardian to fetch them and take them to a doctor. In the event of a dancer testing positive for Covid-19, the studio needs to notify the Department of Health and Labour and report statistics for the area.
- If a dancer cannot return to the studio or attend a class for any reason, we will stream the class on zoom. This ideally needs to be arranged in the morning as we will need to know timeously if we should set up for a zoom class.
Trial Class Policy:
- Trial lessons must be booked and only one trial per style will be allowed.
- Trial lessons will be arranged in accordance with the students’ age and/or experience
- Following your trial lesson you will receive a follow up email, or may complete a full enrolment form online
- An enrolment form must be completed prior to attending a class, with the exception of pre-booked trial lessons
- Enrolment is valid for one calendar year, and a renewal form must be completed at the start of each year
- Students will be placed in the most suitable class for them, based on age and experience levels
- Following full enrolment, and at the commencement of each term, invoices will be sent to the primary contact.
- If a student enrols or begins a class mid-term, only remaining lessons will be invoiced.
- No classes are held on Public Holidays, and invoices will be adjusted accordingly.
- Late fees may be applicable for invoices paid after the due date.
- No refunds or credits are applicable for missed lessons.
- Specific uniform guidelines for DM can be found on our website https://5678productions.co.za
- Full DM kit must be worn to each lesson for all classes.
- Students must wear the correct footwear for each class/style.
- Trial students are permitted to wear comfortable clothing and bare feet.
- AIDT students to wear a leotard, dance shorts, hair tied neatly.
- Ballet attire may be bought from Dance Era shop on the premises. An appointment for fitting should be made and cards, cash or EFT is acceptable. Please see separate document attached for details
- If a student is regularly late to class, their parent/guardian may be contacted.
- If you are aware that a student will be picked up late from class, please notify the class teacher as soon as possible via email, or at drop off time.
- Students under 12 years of age must wait on premises, inside the studio waiting room/s until they are picked up after class.
- Students are not to be dropped off at the studio prior class as adequate supervision cannot be guaranteed prior to this time.
- Photographic consent and release is obtained at time of enrolment.
- By giving photographic consent students/parents agree to 5678 Productions using images and/or videos of students on the 5678 Productions website or for social media and advertising purposes.
- Students/parents are not permitted to video or photograph classes, students or staff at any time, unless given permission by the staff or individuals involved.
- Photos of children should not be posted on social media platforms without the permission of the parent/guardian.
- Annual showcase, performance and/or competition videos are not to be posted on public websites such as YouTube or Facebook, without 5678 Productions permission.
- Photography and filming of the Annual Showcase is strictly prohibited.
- New students may express interest in joining the Eisteddfod /Festival class and book an audition lesson, with selection of students at the discretion of the class teacher.
- Current students may also express interest, or may be invited to join by 5678 Productions
- These classes are a commitment that requires students to be available for various weekend performance dates throughout the year.
- Due to the nature of the class, full attendance is expected.
- Costumes will be chosen/designed by the class teacher then measured, fitted and ordered by 5678 Productions Dance Studio.
- Parents/Guardians are welcome to be present when students are measured for costume sizes. Please notify 5678 Productions via email to arrange.
- If the chosen costume is from 5678 Productions costume inventory then a hire fee will be charged rather than purchasing the costume.
- All hired costumes must be returned to 5678 Productions at the completion of the Showcase.
- Once collected, students take full responsibility for their costumes and must keep them in good condition.
- All costume items must be worn/brought by the student to the Photo Day, Dress Rehearsal and Annual Showcase.
- Students must not wear their costumes in any circumstance other than the Photo Day, Dress Rehearsal or Annual Showcase until the completion of the Annual Showcase.
Annual Showcase Policy:
- If a student is unable to participate in the Annual Showcase, 5678 Productions must be notified by the end of Term 2.
- Students must attend a compulsory Dress Rehearsal, in order to participate in the Annual Showcase.
- Tickets for the Annual Showcase are made available to purchase online.
- Full supervision of students backstage is provided throughout the Photo Day, Dress Rehearsal and Annual Showcase.
- Upon enrolment a valid email address, phone number and emergency contact number must be provided for each student.
- Important information and invoices will be sent to the primary email address provided upon enrolment.
- The 5678 Productions website and social media pages will include all current information and is available at all times.
- Communication involving all students under the age of 18 will be directed to the primary contact.
- All communication must not offend, intimidate, humiliate or bully another person.
- Digital communication must not be misleading, false or injure the reputation of another person.
- All enquiries, communication of concerns or queries, must be communicated to 5678 Productions in writing via email or website enquiry.
- Teachers are not available during or in-between class time to discuss matters or answer extensive enquiries.
Health and Safety Policy:
- The studio space, flooring and equipment are set up to promote and maintain safe dance practices
- Appropriate emergency procedures exist and 5678 Productions staff understand the procedures relevant to their location.
- 5678 Productions staff have the responsibility and authority to ensure that health and safety objectives are achieved. They will identify and eliminate unsafe acts, procedures, conditions, equipment, and hazards of all kinds.
- Behaviour from students, parents or visitors that may cause an unsafe environment, will not be tolerated.
- It is the responsibility of the student or parent/guardian to inform 5678 Productions of any prior or current allergies, illnesses or injuries, detailed on their enrolment form.
- All staff members hold a valid First Aid Certificate, CPR training and Working With Children Check ie SOR
- Parents/Guardians must be responsible for minors before and after class times. 5678 Productions will not provide supervision to minors outside of class time unless prior arrangements have been made. This includes students outside of 5678 Productions premises, in the car park and property.
- No student (under 18 years) is to wait outside or leave the premises unaccompanied by a parent or guardian.
- An Emergency evacuation map is located on the premises. A fire extinguisher is located within the premises.
- In the event of an injury, 5678 Productions staff will administer basic First Aid treatment. If medical services are necessary and an ambulance is required, the student/parent will incur the costs. Physical contact may be required.
- Where an injury occurs, the students’ parent/guardian will be contacted. If the primary contact cannot be reached, the emergency contact will be called.
- Injuries that occur on the premises will be recorded on an Incident report form.
- Due to the nature of dance classes and technique correction, physical contact with students is often required.
Emergency Evacuation Procedure:
- In case of an emergency staff will alert all persons with the sound of a bell or vocally.
- Staff will direct and advise all persons to move safely to the nearest exit, following the emergency evacuation plan.
- Staff will then direct all persons to the meeting point, in the studio driveway or an alternative safe area.
- Parents/Guardians of all students will be contacted once we have reached the evacuation area.
Food, drink, alcohol and drug Policy:
- Food and/or drink must only be consumed in the allocated garden area
- 5678 Productions requests that nuts are not brought on the premises however cannot ensure that the premise is 'nut free'.
- The possession or consumption of illicit or non-prescribed drugs or alcohol is not acceptable at any time.
- Parents, students, teachers and/or employees must not arrive at 5678 Productions or any associated event, impaired by the effects of illicit drugs or alcohol.
Behaviour and Bullying Policy:
- 5678 Productions does not tolerate swearing, indecent or disrespectful language, defamatory comments, or indecent or disrespectful conduct from students, parents/guardians, family members, or visitors.
- Appropriate behaviour is expected on the premises and at associated events, as well as online.
- Where any person or student feels that they are the victim of bullying, they should notify 5678 Productions immediately. Incident/Grievance forms may be completed.
- All incidents brought to 5678 Productions attention will be addressed and resolved promptly.
- If inappropriate behaviour persists, 5678 Productions reserves the right to terminate their enrolment immediately.
Cancellation/ Withdrawal Policy:
- In the unlikely event that a class is cancelled, a make-up lesson may be arranged, or students will have the lesson credited to their account.
- If the temperature within the studio reaches 40 degrees Celsius, all classes that afternoon will be cancelled.
- If a serious injury or incident occurs during class time, the current class will be stopped. Parents/guardians will be notified if it is necessary to collect students early, or the class teacher will wait with students at the studio until the class finishing time.
- If a student decides to withdraw from a class or from 5678 Productions entirely, written notice is required via email.
- There will be no refunds or credits for withdrawal from classes once fees are paid except in the event of extenuating circumstances.
- For the safety of our students, staff, and visitors, we kindly ask that all those attending 5678 Productions Dance Studio adhere to the following:
- Be mindful of the traffic of students coming in and out of the studio between class times. Please allow extra care when in the car park.
- Please only park in marked car park spaces.
- Please do not park in car parks that are allocated to other businesses, during their opening hours.
- Please do not block the driveway at any time.
- 5678 Productions holds no responsibility for incidents that occur in the car park.
Dance or Drama Party Policy:
- When booking an event with 5678 Productions, all policies and procedures must be followed.
- 5678 Productions will not be held accountable for any injuries/incidents that occurs as a result of the environment at an alternate location.
- A booking request must be completed to check availability before a booking can be secured.
- Once your booking is confirmed, a non-refundable deposit must be made to secure your event date.
- Full payment must be made at least 1 week prior to the event date.
- No refunds will be provided if the booking is cancelled within 48 hours of the event.
- If payment is not made by the due date, 5678 Productions maintains the right to cancel the booking.